How to Fest
IN-PERSON + ONLINE
How to Transfer a Purchase
IN-PERSON + ONLINE
There are several ways to transfer purchases. In each instance, the recipient will receive an email confirming the transfer, along with any required next steps such as setting up an account to accept the transfer. When transferring a ticketing product, verify that you are using the recipient’s correct email address prior to transfer.
Important: Feature films are available in the U.S. only. Due to rights restrictions, please review our ticketing page as most products cannot be gifted, transferred, or redeemed outside of the United States.
How to Complete a Time-of-Purchase Transfer (Gift)
Passes or Packages
At the time of purchase, check the “This is a Gift” box located under the pass or package. Next, enter the recipient’s information before proceeding to checkout.
Important: An entire pass or package cannot be transferred after purchase. To transfer a ticket after purchase, transfer one ticket at a time to the intended recipient from your user account (step-by-step directions below).
How to Transfer a Ticket From Your Account
- To transfer a ticket in your possession, go to your user account and select the “My Schedule” option from the drop-down menu. Next, navigate to the “Festival” tab.
- Browse the “My Festival Schedule” page and locate the ticket you would like to transfer. Under the “Action” column, click the “Manage Tickets” button and select the “Manage Tickets…” option.
- Follow the instructions in the ticket transfer pop-up by entering the recipient’s information. Confirm the ticket transfer.
- The recipient will receive a confirmation email. The recipient must accept the transfer in order for the transfer to be completed.
Note: Tickets purchased as part of a package or as a single ticket can be transferred as many times as needed until the ticket has been used or fulfilled.
How to Accept a Ticket Transfer
You will receive an email indicating that a ticket has been transferred to you. If you do not already have a Sundance Film Festival account, you will be required to create one using the same email address associated with your notification email. To accept a ticket:
- Sign in to your user account. (The transferred ticket will appear on the “My Festival Schedule” page.) To locate the transferred ticket, select the “My Schedule” option from the drop-down menu. Next, navigate to the “Festival” tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the “My Festival Schedule” page to the “Pending Transfers” section.
- Find the ticket of interest. Under the “Actions” column, click the “Manage Tickets” button, and accept or decline the ticket transfer.