How to Fest
How to Watch
IN-PERSON + ONLINE
How to Use the 2023 Festival Apps
There are two new apps for this year’s 2023 Festival — the mobile app, recommended for in-person attendance, and the TV app for watching with Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon FireTV devices. Both are free and available for download. Please note that Festival apps from previous years (2022 and earlier) will not work and you will need to download the 2023 apps.
Learn about the general functions of each app and how to use them below. To get started, simply download the app(s) and log in with your Festival account or create a new account.
Sundance Film Festival 2023 Mobile App
We recommend that all in-person attendees download the Sundance Film Festival 2023 mobile app (available on iOS and Android) and enable push notifications to keep current on all Festival events and alerts about just-added tickets to screenings. This app is your go-to resource for on-the-ground Festival happenings, like scanning digital tickets, voting, and more.
- Access your digital tickets for scanning (as QR codes)
- Access your Festival ID (if a pass or packageholder) for entry to events (as a QR code)
- Vote for your favorite films using our four-star rating system (Note: You must have a scanned ticket to vote; voting is available for in-person screenings only.)
- Receive push notifications and in-app messages about events, just-added tickets, and more!
- Search the Festival schedule and film program guide
- Join the waitlist for an in-person screening
Sundance Film Festival Player TV App
- Access films you’ve made ticket selections for and/or have Single Film Tickets to
- Browse and watch your content via Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon FireTV
- Chromecast or Airplay content using your computer or phone with supported devices
Important: Make purchases (i.e., tickets and merch) using your Festival account via the 2023 Festival online platform; this action cannot be completed using the apps.
Please note that screen mirroring on Smart TVs and devices cannot be used to watch this year’s Festival. In addition, you cannot register your Festival account or watch films on multiple devices (i.e., you can’t watch on both Apple TV and Amazon FireTV). Visit our How to Watch resources for more information about in-person and online Festival screenings.
How to Watch
Explorer Pass and packageholders have access to Short Film programs and Indie Episodic screenings on the days that their pass/package is valid.